15 May 2012

Deer cufflinks by My Friend Romeo


Deer cufflinks in sterling silver by My Friend Romeo
$295
In-store or online



Tamara’s love of working with metal began in 2003 at London’s Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. Her passion grew from there and she was inspired to do further study on return to Melbourne, gaining her Advanced Diploma in Jewellery at Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE (NMIT) in 2007.

Since graduating Tamara has sold her jewellery to Melbournians and tourists alike at the Rose Street Market in Fitzroy and 2011 sees the launch of her label ‘my friend romeo’ - creating both men and women’s handmade jewellery.

Her philosophy to treasure the small things in life builds inspiration for both her label and design work and translates well into making small treasures for others to enjoy. Tamara says, ‘my aesthetic is simple, wearable, understated design. I like to make things I would like to wear and so far, luckily this has proven to appeal to others too’.

Small treasures have come naturally, and the extension into men’s jewellery the perfect fit: ‘I have been producing a limited range of unisex pieces to date – however, I am now testing out both my imagination and my lovely obliging male friends for feedback and modelling'.
We think the men around town are in for a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment